This policy provides you with information regarding what cookies we may set, and how to accept or reject those cookies.
Date updated: 12th December 2024
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are simple text files that are stored on your computer or device by a website’s server. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain anonymous information such as a combination of numbers and digits, a unique identifier and website domain name.
Cookies have a number of functions, including remembering your preferences, supporting users to log in to a website, analyse traffic to a website or track user browsing behaviour.
2. What types of cookies do we use?
- Strictly necessary cookies, allow us to offer you the best possible experience when accessing and navigating through our Website and using its features, products or services. These cookies enable core functionality such as security and verification and cannot be disabled. For example, these cookies let us recognise that you have created an account and logged into that account to access our products or services.
- Marketing cookies are used to track how effective advertising has been to provide users with a relevant service and to deliver future advertisements best suited to your interests.
- Functionality cookies, let us operate the site in accordance with the choices you make to create the most personalised experience. For example, we will recognise your username and remember how you customised the site during future visits.
- Analytical cookies, enable us and third-party services to collect aggregated data for statistical purposes on how our visitors use the Website. These cookies do not contain personal information such as names or email addresses and are used to help us improve your user experience of the Website and understand how users interact with our products and services.
3. What are ‘session’ and ‘persistent’ cookies?
Cookies that expire at the end of a browser session (normally when a user exits their browser) are called ‘session cookies’. These cookies can be used for security purposes, such as when a user logs into an account and will expire when the session ends.
Persistent cookies are stored on a user’s device in-between sessions and can allow user preferences or actions to be remembered across a site (or across different websites). Persistent cookies can remember user preferences and choices when using a site or be used to target advertising.
4. What are ‘first-party’ and ‘third-party’ cookies?
Whether a cookie is ‘first-party’ or ‘third-party’ refers to the website or domain placing the cookie.
First-party cookies are set by the website the user is visiting, such as www.laa.co.uk.
Third-party cookies are set by a domain other than the one the user is visiting. This usually occurs when the website incorporates elements from other sites, such as images, social media plug-ins or advertising. When the browser or other software fetches these elements from the other sites, they can set cookies also.
5. How to manage your cookie preferences
Except for strictly necessary cookies which are essential for the functionality of the Website, you can choose to accept or decline cookies. You can provide your consent to the use of non-necessary cookies by opting in when you first visit the site, and further manage or withdraw your permissions via our third party cookies manager https://www.cookiebot.com. Further details on the current cookies we use are available within the cookies manager on our website(s).
You can also use your web browser to manage cookies, including to:
- Delete all cookies
- Block all cookies
- Allow all cookies
- Block ‘third-party’ cookies (cookies set by domains other than the one you are visiting)
- Clear all cookies when you close the browser
Further information regarding how to manage cookies using your web browser can be found at the following links:
- Many of the interactive functions offered by the Website are dependent on cookies. Disabling or blocking cookies on your browser may impact the functionality of the Website, or result in an inferior user experience.
6. Contact us
Executive Secretary: Chris Dodds
Livestock Auctioneers Association Limited Address: